1) I think I have an allergy issue. I was dizzy earlier this week. About this time last year, I had dizzy spells and it turned out to be fluid in my ears. I've been taking allergy meds and the heavy head is better.
2) I started triathlon training yesterday. 9 weeks from Sunday, I'll compete in the Falmouth Tri.
3) N and I went to see Tracy Grammer and Jim Henry at the Iron Horse last weekend. I always forget how much I love TG--her songs, her stories, her humor. It made me very excited for FRFF.
4) I booked my flight to L.A. this week. 9 days in June--I'm excited.
5) Even with missing 7 work days for L.A., I have 3 days to take before June 30!
6) I made an appointment with a podiatrist today. They want to x-ray my feet and were surprised to hear me say I've had many an x-ray of my foot. I don't think they are expecting a web-footed girl with scars from toe amputation, do you?
7) My cell phone is no longer holding a charge. It makes me very sad. I really don't want to spend money on a stinking new battery.
8) On a lunch errand today, I ran into one of my ball players and her mom. The mom needed a full 30 seconds to recognize me since I wasn't in shorts and a t-shirt.
9) I'm going home in a few weeks to be my parents' daughter's Confirmation sponsor. Katie and I have the same birthday--she was my 14th birthday present! I can't quite believe that the tiny infant I used to babysit is 15 years old!!
10) In the last few weeks, my email box has brought me many an email from my dearest darling Big Yellow friends--on an almost daily basis. This makes me exceedingly happy. And grateful.
11) This is a very busy time at work...someone joked recently that there isn't any truly "quiet" time. I tried to contradict her, but...well, she's right. Thankfully, I really do enjoy my job and I find the new responsibilities challenging. Even if I do daydream about 7 year olds.
12) I got a new print that I need to have framed. It has a watercolor of a bicycle and reads, "It has something to do with giving back while moving forward."
13) I am the 4th of 24 in my generation of cousins. Our parents' efforts to get us all together as children has paid off. We're friends. We enjoy one another's company. We get together just because, with our parents and without our parents. It's such a gift that our parents gave us.