Tuesday, November 28, 2006

A Tuesday 13

Hello, all! I hope your holiday festivities were wonderful. I love Thanksgiving...none of the Christmas pressure and chaos. Good family, good friends and good food are the only requirements. Not that I don't love Christmas, because I do...but the whole "perfect gift" for everyone is stressful!

On with the show...

1. I finally gave in and got myself a MA license. The actual license came in the mail yesterday. Under "Sex" is the letter M. That's not right.
2. Thanksgiving was small this year--only 15 of us. Still had a great time.
3. The next night, 20 of us gathered in a cafe on 21st Street in NYC to visit with my cousin Amanda and her daughter Yasmin. They are visiting from Sydney, Australia. It's been 3 years since we've seen them.
4. Amanda is 9 years older than I am. She was raised in Australia, but came to live in NYC when I was about 12 and stayed for about 10 years. I definitely idolized her--this cool, Australian who seemed to have all the answers.
5. I want everyone to like me. It hurts my feelings immensely when I think or know someone doesn't like me--even if that person's a bitch. I'm working on this.
6. There is one person at work in particular--she doesn't like me. I don't like her either, and there's a laundry list of reasons why...but still, it bugs me that she doesn't like me.
8. I'm getting better at just ignoring her and focusing on spending my time, energy and lunch hours on people I genuinely like. It seems like a much wiser use of time.
9. Basketball practice starts this week. Our first game is Sunday! I don't even know the girls' names yet.
10. I have lots of Christmas shopping to do, and NO ideas as to what to buy.
11. The weather is making me sad. I hate global warming--I love snow.
12. Because someone asked me today, I'll share my answer with you all too...my favorite names are Conor and Caroline.
13. Now that I've finished waxing my eyebrows, it's time for bed. Don't you just love the completely random information I share with y'all in these Thirteens?

5 comments:

Melissa said...

M?! For heaven's sake! And I totally hear you on the I-want-people-to-like-me thing. It's so hard to let that go sometimes -- I'm working on it, too. :) I love your 13s!

Greta_Jane said...

I like you.

Also, you wax your own eyebrows? Oh my.

My Nothward trip is sadly short. Let's talk about possiblities to see each other...

kj said...

5. I want everyone to like me. It hurts my feelings immensely when I think or know someone doesn't like me--even if that person's a bitch. I'm working on this.

kris: i like you too. alot. anyone who doesn't is a ##@%%$. that's my opinion, and i'm right!

Melissa said...

LOL, KJ! Here, here, I agree, too!

kris said...

Thank you, my friends :) You're a good lot and I'm lucky to have you all.

M--the license thing is so weird and ULTRA annoying because I have to go back to the DMV to fix it!

GJ--waxing one's own eyebrows (which I've only done about 2x) is surprisingly easy. Especially if you stick to the middle and the ends and don't try to shape over/under.

A--I'm so psyched to see you and other folks I like in just a few weeks!

kj--Thanks for the laugh--I like you a lot too!