Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Spring!

Despite the grey, damp, gloomy day out my window, it is spring. How do I know this?

The Yankees opened in the Bronx yesterday. And they won...and Mo Rivera appeared just for the fun of it. A-Rod wore the stirrup socks up high on Opening Day--my brother predicts that if he does this for the year, he will be MVP. I like that logic, even though I do not like A-Rod. He dropped a freakin' pop-up...but then he homered. We shall see if this is the year he steps up as a big time player in a big time market.

What made that victory sweeter? The Sox lost on opening day...to the Kansas City Royals.

Good thing baseball is starting up--it helps with the letdown from March Madness. I could not have cared less about last night's FL v. OSU game, but tonight, Tennessee faces a scrappy Rutgers team and I'm psyched to watch it.

Life's been crazy this month. I'm doing 2 jobs at work until we hire a replacement for the development writer. While there are positives to the situation, my head is often spinning when I leave the office. I'm looking forward to heading home this weekend to celebrate my grandmother's birthday (we're not allowed to know how old) and a big family Easter with the DC, NY, CT and NJ cousins.

4 comments:

Matt said...

What made that victory sweeter? The Sox lost on opening day...to the Kansas City Royals.

Don't you start. One game. One!

Melissa said...

I come from a baseball loving family -- my dad was scouted by the Detroit Tigers and my brother is a star pitcher/player at only 14. I don't play but I love to sit in the bleachers! It has been a looong time, though, since I was at a game.

kj said...

kris, you'd best heed matt. be charitable.

:)

kris said...

Matt and kj...there are 161 games left--but for right now, I'm happy! And living in enemy territory, so I must be a loud and proud fan ;)

M--my sister was at opening day at Yankee Stadium for the 3rd year in a row. I'm highly jealous, especially since we'll only have the park for another 2 seasons.