Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Between vacations

Lost to Winnipesaukee:
One pair of sunglasses
One pair of goggles (so so sad)
Skin off my feet, knees and fingers

Gained from Winnipesaukee:
Some new freckles
A new flotation device for Matt and Rachel
Many a full stomach

What a weekend. First, there was the wonderful Yart party at kj's...then a delightfully enjoyable evening at Club Passim. But the 3 days at Winnipesaukee were the icing, cherries and a la mode of it all.

I've always been an ocean girl. Pools are fine, and necessary. Lakes are gross and slimy. Oceans are fabulous--rough, salty, spectacular and wonderful. But Lake Winni and the view from the cabin have converted me--I like lakes now. They're no ocean, but wow. I had a great few days and I've returned to MA bruised, scraped and scratched, but blissfully happy. The traffic on the drive home wasn't even that bad.

2 days of work and I'm off to the Cape! I love summer.

3 comments:

kj said...

kris, lakes have converted me too.

it was GREAT to see you and nichole this weekend. thank you alot for the cd's. i love them already.

see you in september....

:)

Ces Adorio said...

Hi Kris,

I always loved NH. It was great to see you last weekend. You are as charming as ever. I can still see your smiling face. My only regret is not spending more time with you. Next time if we meet again at JB's yART Fair and KJ's BDay party, maybe she will have a sleepover. Then we can stay up and chat away. Take care.

Matt said...

I'm sorry the lake claimed so much of your skin and so many of your possessions. We had a great time with you and Nichole!