Friday, September 01, 2006

finally!

Blogger works. I head home to NJ for the weekend tonight, but I'll be back for work on Monday. No, HC is not closed on Labor Day--yippee ;) I can't wait to go home. This apartment hunting is sucking the life and joy out of me. I am so frustrated by the limited market in this area and lack of affordable, SAFE options. I just want to move already. Have I mentioned that I'm impatient?

Enough of that. It's September! Welcome to fall. It's the month I will return to my cozy spot on a floor in Northampton, even if I remain apartment-less.

And it's Friday. You know what that means. The iPod is DJ and no apron-wringing!

1. when i reach the place i'm goin' (the verdant mile)--tracy grammer
2. yesterday (1)--the beatles
3. preston miller (flower of avalon)--tracy grammer
4. one man wrecking machine (ganging up on the sun)--guster
5. hey conductor (tanglewood tree)--dave carter and tracy grammer
6. this is where it ends (born on a pirate ship)--barenaked ladies
7. ruby falls (ganging up on the sun)--guster
8. just like that (remembering rachel)--dar williams
9. hope alone (become you)--indigo girls
10. you may be right (essential collection)--billy joel
Bonus: what do you hear in these sounds (end of the summer)--dar williams

General Thoughts--A great set. This week, my iPod clearly fell for Tracy Grammer's voice, and really, who can blame it! I don' think there's a bad song here.

Seen Live--Tracy Grammer, Guster, Dar Williams, Indigo Girls, Billy Joel

Favorite Album--There are some great ones here...I'm having trouble deciding between Flower of Avalon and Tanglewood Tree. Dave Carter has definitely become one of my favorite song writers.

Favorite Lyric--And I thought that if we met, I would only start confessing/And they'd know that I was scared/They'd would know that I was guessing/But the wall came down and there they stood before me/With their stumbling and their mumbling/And their calling out just like me

3 comments:

kj said...

yikes! i didn't know the apartment hunt took a turn for the worse.

i wish i could help you.

don;t give up. the apartment will find you if all else fails.

:)

Melissa said...

I second the Dave Carter vote -- amazing. It's so cool to see Tracy going on without him ... though I can't imagine how hard it has been. He's with her onstage, it seems.

kris said...

kj, unfortunately, there's just not a lot in Worcester. It's a frustrating hunt.

M, I agree that Dave's been with TG every step of the way. I am in awe of her strength and determination.