Friday, August 18, 2006

random 10

Let the iPod or other source of tunes play D.J. and let us know what it spins out. No apron-wringing!

1. cat eye willie claims his lover (tanglewood tree)--dave carter and tracy grammer
2. you may be right (the essential collection)--billy joel
3. maybe it's love (if you lived here, you'd be home now)--the nields
4. calling the moon (the green world)--dar williams
5. jeremy newborn street (if you lived here you'd be home now)--the nields
6. on the air (little star)--girlyman
7. farewell to the old me (beauty of the rain)--dar williams
8. fruitcakes (live at fenway park)--jimmy buffett
9. santa monica pier (good thing he can't read my mind)--christine lavin
10. even now (it's no secret anymore)--linda eder

General Thoughts: My iPod continues to favor the sisters Nields. Quite a folky set today...appropriate for a day when I'm going to see Dar in concert.

Seen Live: Tracy Grammer (unfortunately, I missed Dave Carter), Billy Joel, the Nields, Dar, Girlyman, Christine Lavin and Linda Eder

Really Enjoyed: Cat Eyed Willie, On the Air, Santa Monica Pier

Memory Trigger: When we were little, we listened to a LOT of Billy Joel--I mean, it's classic! My sister used to sing the line "Friday night I crashed your party" as "Friday night I crashed your body"...and my mom heard her singing it one day and couldn't believe that Billy Joel was singing about such a thing! Most of the time, I still sing it that way.

**I will "see" you all Tuesday. My flight leaves at 7 AM tomorrow for Philly and I will spend the weekend with my British cousins. Have fantabulous week!**

No comments: