Thursday, August 10, 2006

thursday already!

Time for another 13 random thoughts.

1. Mrs. Sullivan was my favorite teacher ever. I had her for first grade and even though she's the only teacher who ever gave me a "detention" (I was talking to Katherine in class), I still love her best.

2. We were released from "detention" early when Sr. Brigitta, the 3rd grade teacher, came in, gave us a blessing and had us apologize.

3. I had 3 nuns for teachers in grammar school and 4 or 5 in high school.

4. I took horse-back riding lessons for 2 years.

5. Apartment hunting is frustrating. I've never really had to do it before--during my teacher-service corps, housing was provided. Then I lived with family and this current living situation came together pretty quickly with not too much searching.

6. I have never lived alone--I'm both nervous and excited at the prospect.

7. I spent all 4 of my college spring breaks building houses--in Tennessee, Florida, Maine and Mississippi.

8. Most mornings, as I try to figure out what I'm wearing, I long for the 12 years when I wore a uniform.

9. I am looking forward to fall leaves.

10. I secretly love What Not to Wear on TLC.

11. My top 3 world destinations are Australia, Africa and Alaska.

12. I don't think I'll be seeing World Trade Center--I'm still not ready.

13. I have 3 phone calls to return right now.

4 comments:

kris said...

Gracias...I am less than hopeful.

Melissa said...

Cool on #7! I'd like to do that someday. I got a detention in high school, my only one, for missing my math (of course) homework. I wish Sr. Brigitta (love that name ... so Sound of Music) was there at mine. :( Good luck with the apartment hunt! You will love, love, love Alaska when you get there. I'm still not over my trip there and it was ten years ago.

kris said...

M, I'd love to hear more about Alaska and see pics sometime. It's been on my destination list for a while.

kj said...

kris, when jb moved to portland maine, we looked at 24 apts for her. i hope you find it easier than you think.

and about uniforms, i've never worn one but during my time in provincetown, i felt it totally appropriate to look kind of like a beach bum most of the time. here in northampton anything goes also, but i haven't found either a dress up or dress down style for myself...so i just look frumpy. oh well...