Wednesday, August 09, 2006

a real blog

Summer is flying by and all I seem to be able to do is post an occasional 13 or random 10. Today, the boss is out, our secretary is out and I'm having a less than productive day. So I might as well blog.

So, the news here is that I'm looking for an apartment. I go through this phase every few months, but I think I might be serious this time--LOL! I'm just tired of having roommates, tired of feeling like I have to hide in my room, tired of coming home from a weekend away to find that all my soda's been consumed and not replaced. None of these are HUGE deals, but in combination over time, I just feel like it's time to at least start looking for alternatives. The challenge is going to be finding something in a decent neighborhood that's as affordable as where I am now. I hate moving!

Other than that, it's pretty quiet on my end. Work is crazy--I signed 300 letters yesterday. My signature isn't a pretty thing under normal circumstances...by letter 100, it was pretty ugly! I'm looking forward to the coming Fridays--this week, I see Guster in Boston. Next week, Dar's playing an outdoor venue in Lowell and the following Friday, I believe I'm taking a few young tykes into Boston to see the sisters Nields play a kid's show. Plus my little side trip to Maryland to see my cousins' kids. I'm actually looking forward to the routine of fall at this point!

2 comments:

kj said...

kris, i am glad you are moving! i predict with confidence it will be a good move (pun intended).

kris said...

I hope so, kj! Thanks for the good thoughts.