Thursday, August 17, 2006

T13

1. I am seeing Dar Williams in Lowell tomorrow night.

2. Saturday, I head south to meet my cousin Larissa's 2 munchkins. The family is in from London--I haven't seen Riss and her husband in 5.5 years. I have yet to meet their 3 year old, Minty, or their 1 year old, Ned.

3. While in MD, I'll be ever searching for pictures to serve the visual T13.

4. I love Coldstone Creamery.

5. I'm sad that I'll be no where near a TV for any of the 5 Yankee/RedSox games this weekend. Should be a bloodbath.

6. I told my roommate about the move. She isn't crazy about me moving out on the 15th. I figure I'm giving her 1 month's notice and that's sufficient. I have no lease and won't be made to feel guilty.

7. I'm already looking at pics I've taken and which ones I want to blow up as wall art for my very own place.

8. I taught a 5 year old to swim this week--the whole length of our inground pool.

9. This October, my parents will celebrate 30 years of marriage--and 25 years of living in my hometown.

10. If you were to look in my closet, 1/2 - 2/3 of my wardrobe is blue.

11. One of life's simple pleasures is an ice cold CAN of coke.

12. Our maintenance department came up this week and hung my office wall decor--a b&w photo of Manhattan looking south to north, pre 9-11--the Twin Towers stand proudly. Also, 3 frames with 4 3x3 openings each--one of b&ws of sights around my hometown, one of color shots of Ireland, one of b&ws of my favorite spots in Santa Monica, CA.

13. Most of the time, my boss and I are very much on the same page--it's scary at times.

6 comments:

kj said...

kris, don't let that roommate/landlord lay a guilt trip on you. i predict you are going to like the move a whole lot.'

did you decide on an apt yet?

i love these 13's too. and about the baseball blowout, you do mean the red sox will recover to squash the yankees, right?

enjoy your trip. you've had a gallavanting summer. (see you pretty soon--yoohoo)

kris said...

kj, thanks for the support. pretty sure i've decided, even put in a deposit. and promptly began to second guess. my folks are going to come up next weekend to check it out and help me out.

as for the baseball, i think both teams will be lucky if this thing ends up 3-2...it's a huge series. i believe in my boys, but they are not on a good roll right now.

a--diet is gross! only if it comes in the red can!

Nichole said...

K, so many things to comment on tonight. yay Dar! I love Coldstone too! Congrats on telling the roomie, and placing a deposit. Was it for the really new place?

kris said...

N, yes, for the newer place.

Coldstone is a wonderful invention!

Melissa said...

Oh, Dar!! Have fun -- we want details! :) I'm glad telling the roomie is over and that you're staying strong about it -- your new place is going to be awesome. I love #8! Have a great weekend. :)

Greta_Jane said...

So, she is not fine about the move. You weren't fine about the no-stove thing. If you have no lease, 1 month is plenty. I mean a job only requires 2 weeks, assuming you really are leaving...