Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Friends

After popscholar's entry, I'm not sure my friends can measure up, but that's ok.

I know I ruminated on being "home" in MA just a few days ago...but the spectacularness that is being home just keeps coming this week. Today, at about lunch time, my coworker swung by to see if I wanted to run to Old Navy with her, just to get out of the office. Since I'd eaten lunch at my desk, I said sure. J is about 13 years older than I am, but we've gotten to know each other better these last few months. She has 2 boys (8 and 5) who I adore. Anyway, after 3 years of feeling isolated and disconnected with my coworkers, it's so refreshing to have people I like to hang out with at work.

Then, my dear friend Anne had a meeting at HC tonight, so we went out to dinner. Anne is one of the most exquisite people I've ever known. She is one of those people who just "gets" me. We had a spectacular dinner, where we laughed, caught up, talked about families, work, her job search and upcoming wedding. I think I appreciate that kind of friendship and connection so much more now, after being away from it for so long. How lucky I am to be in a place where those dearest to me are within a day's drive!!

Hmmm...anyone want to suggest something profound for me to ruminate on in my next blog?

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Hi Kris! I'm so glad you've started blogging. :) I'm very sleepy this morning and can identify with the what-to-blog-about dilemma. This one helped me out once ... list your 5 favorite quotes from films, books or songs etc. and give us some thoughts on why you like 'em. Have fun! xoxo

kris said...

Yeah, A, I don't think 2.11 is do-able either, especially because I start Tuesday nights at the end of Feb. But a fall retreat I may be able to swing if you lovely ladies will be there.

Yay, M, you found me! Good writer's block suggestion. Maybe I'll try it tonight. OK, must get dressed and get out the door to work!

Nichole said...

Hi K, this is Nichole from WIUITG. I found you via A's blog. Despite my blog address, it hasn't been used since I was in high school. I do have a livejournal (http://fumblerette1.livejournal.com) if you care to check it out, though I too make no promises of profundity!