Sunday, January 22, 2006

Good to be home

This weekend reminded me of just how good it is to be home. Well, back in the Northeast, at least. I spent yesterday at HC watching the women's and men's team play ball. It was the class agent game, so the Fund office had free clam chowder, soda and ice cream sundaes. My friend Ali came in for the game with her boyfriend and her dad...always fun to watch the games with other people. The food was good too. I got to catch up with the K-B kids, who I babysat for during college--they are all getting so very big. Great kids, though--smart, funny and so sweet. All in all, an afternoon spent hanging out with work friends (how nice to have those with this job!), college friends and kids I love.

After Ali left, I decided, spur of the moment, to drive down to Hartford (just an hour) to see Nerissa and Katryna sing at the Sounding Board. My plans for the evening included reading my book for book club and doing a little work...boring! I've learned in the last year that given the choice between doing something by yourself and not doing anything, always do something by yourself. So, I motored down to Hartford, bought a ticket and settled into the church auditorium. I read a little of my book, did a little work, then listened to 2 fabulous Nields sets.

Came home and chatted with Ashley for a while before heading to bed. Today has been low key--football, church, grocery shopping--but I'm revelling in New England. 4-7 inches of snow tomorrow! Bring it on. It's good to be home.

1 comment:

kris said...

Ready for the title? Sex Lives of Cannibals! Not my choice, but it's a cool travelogue kind of book.

I know, I realized after we stopped chatting that in over an hour, I'd neglected to mention seeing the girls sing. It was a fun night.