Sunday, January 29, 2006

is tomorrow really Monday?

OK, what did I learn today? That I am a dangerous force shopping for baby clothes. There is just SO much cute stuff out there! My friends Sam and JP in LA had a beautiful baby girl last week and I want to send something to let them know I love them and I'm thinking of them. Carter's has the most adorable "duckie" line right now...so Stevie Lynn has an adorable white cardigan, trimmed in blue with little yellow ducks on the front, plus a duckie onesie. Also, a pink terry sleeper b/c those things are too darn cute. My friend Sarah finds out on Wednesday if she's having a boy or a girl...I'm going to have to restrain myself!

However, I did go to the office today and accomplish something. I'd had writer's block all week on these notes to be mailed with photos from my scholarship event in December. Today, they all got written--I feel so much better...I listened to my iPod on the "FRFF '05" playlist. My mind has been on the hillsides of Hillsdale the last few days. Never a bad place to be.

OK, I must finish my book club book. The Sex Lives of Cannibals...oh joy. At least I successfully made pasta salad for our get-together tomorrow night.

My new tradition is to end each entry with the first 10 words of a song I hear when I stop typing...does that make sense? Anyway, tonight it is:

of safe people, and at night we walk into our (iowa, dar)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Baby clothes are evil. They look so sweet and cuddly that you don't realize they are the devil in disguise ... until you walk out with half the Carter's store and a big hole in your credit card. I'm not allowed in Carter's anymore ...