Tuesday, May 30, 2006

catching up!

I am still here! Last week got a little hectic at work with graduation on Friday, and since my home computer has quit on me, work is the only place I have to update. Graduation was nice--beautiful (if not hot) day on the football field, I got to catch up with some old friends who had siblings graduating and eat good food. That's the wonderful part of this job--I get invited to all the good parties, so I get all the good food.

Anyway, I also headed home this weekend. Really quiet and boring weekend there, but it was just what I needed. Good things happen when I go home--my dad takes my car for an oil change, a wash, and fills the gas tank. Dads are so useful!

Now I'm back at work. This weekend is my 5th reunion so lots of old friends are coming to town. I'm excited for it--excited to catch up and hear about everyone's adventures in life.

Here's my overdue Friday Shuffle:
NO APRON WRINGING!

1. i am what i am (broadway, my way)--linda eder
2. tripping the light fantastic (66 hoxsey street)--the nields
3. x-ray eyes (goldfly)--guster
4. ticket to ride (1)--the beatles
5. kittery tide (little star)--girlyman
6. walkaways (recovering the satellites)--counting crows
7. easy people (live from northampton)--the nields
8. one song glory (original broadway recording)--rent
9. for good (wicked)--wicked
10. arrival (the honesty room)--dar williams

Seen live: Linda Eder, The Nields, Guster, Girlyman, Rent, Dar Williams

Favorite Song: The standby is Easy People, of course. But I *love* I Am What I Am from La Cage Aux Folles. And in Linda Eder's voice, it just becomes magic. It's a great driving song.

Least Favorite Song: There really isn't a bad one on here, but I'll go with Walkaways because it isn't long enough, IMO.

Favorite Album: Tough one, but I'll say Goldfly. It's full of great memories and I love pretty much every song on it!

Memory Trigger: Rent songs always bring me back to the first time I saw it, sitting in the balcony of the Nederlander Theatre in NYC. I went with a few friends, one of whom had just lost a good friend to lupus. The first time you see Rent, it's a powerful experience, but I still love the songs just as much the zillionth time I hear them!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I would love to see Rent in NYC! Is the movie a good representation? I'd rather see it on the stage ... it has been so long since I was to a show. In high school I saw Cats (in Philly), Les Mis (at the Hershey Theater), and Phantom (NYC). I hear from friends that Rent is amazing. Glad you had a fun weekend! :)

kj said...

yay that kris is back!

ps rent and angels in america are my two favorite plays. nothing like the theatre....

kj