Friday, May 05, 2006

friday take-off

Packing for Los Angeles--check
Presentation before the Board--check
Caffeine consumption--check
Friday shuffle--check

You know the rules. Put your digital music player on shuffle and report back the first ten songs it spits out. No "apron wringing" allowed.

Here goes:
1. Kid (Cry Cry Cry)--Cry, Cry, Cry
2. Bitter Root (Become You)--Indigo Girls
3. As the River Runs (Linda Eder)--Linda Eder
4. I Want To Hold Your Hand (1)--The Beatles
5. All My Pretty Horses (Live from Baltimore)--Nerissa and Katryna Nields
6. Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy (Mix CD)--Big and Rich
7. What Was I Thinking? (Sometimes Mother Really Does Know Best)--Christine Lavin
8. Leaving on a Jet Plane (The Very Best of PPM)--Peter, Paul and Mary
9. Traveling Again (The Honesty Room)--Dar Williams
10. I'll Cover You (Rent Soundtrack)--Original Broadway Cast

General Thoughts: Pretty eclectic list! Very few that I have strong feelings about this week.

Seen Live: Indigo Girls, Linda Eder, Nields, Dar, Rent

Particularly enjoying right now: The Rent Soundtrack is such fun. Esp. after getting the movie on DVD (which my boss has borrowed--need to remember to get that back!), I just love the music...I can sing along to it, dance to it and it's all so powerful.

Memory Trigger: Leaving on a Jet Plane is my mom and dad's song. So that makes me think of them.

I'll be back on Wednesday. Be good...and A, since I won't be on email, call me if you hear anything!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Safe travels and best of luck!! We'll be thinking of you! Now I have that jet plane song in my head -- and I love it! :) xo

kj said...

kris, i came across a blog i thought you might like. it's
"ninety four kids and me"--
by a middle school teacher.
fyi.

welcome back!

kj

kj said...

john denver wrote "leaving on a jet plane". jb gave me his greatest hits for christmas and i admit i have loved listening to almost every one of his songs as I drive the long weekly trek on the mass. pike.

he was hokey at a time when it was easy to believe the world was heading in the right direction--only tending and caring needed.

so now i've come out as a john denver fan. that puts me right up there with barry manilow, right?
oh geez...

kj

kris said...

kj, I have his greatest hits too...but I much prefer PPM's version of Jet Plane.