Monday, May 01, 2006

perfect

That's the one word I'd use to describe this weekend. I am in the greatest mood today and I can only attribute it to a weekend filled with people and a place I adore.

Friday night, I drove out to Noho and was hanging out in town a little before I headed to kj's--then my phone rang. A certain Philadelphian forgot her directions at home...so I swung by Big Yellow, then A and I both headed to kj's. It was more fun than I'd anticipated. kj and J were fantabulous hostesses and we talked almost non-stop for the better part of 3 hours. And their new hot tub is quite enjoyable under a canopy of stars and budding/blooming trees.

Saturday morning, I dropped A off at Yellow and did a little shopping. Met up with A, T and some other retreaters for lunch. I spent the afternoon feeling like a real Northampton-ite...I wandered town taking pictures of the churches and parks, lay out on the grassy islands in the middle of the sidewalk and did some writing (a NEW story, folks...I think I just might start to work on it for real at the October retreat, so you all better be there!). At about 5:15, I hopped in line at the Iron Horse for the Tracy Grammer show. Snatched a great table in the balcony for myself, A and 2 other retreatants. Brooks Williams played first and he's pretty darn great with a guitar...but I was there for TG and she did not disappoint! She played a good mix of older stuff and tracks off Flower of Avalon plus a couple of covers.

Speaking of covers, apparently Maureen McCormick (internationally famous as Marcia Brady) is now in a country band. And she is covering Crocodile Man. I can't even begin to tell the story as well as Tracy did (maybe A can help me!) but let's just say that Tracy has tried to contact Maureen, musician to musician and the response included information about how to get your very own 8x10 glossy signed by Maureen. Here's the website.

Sunday was another laid back morning, then a fabulous lunch and shopping excursion with the one and only A. All in all, a wonderful weekend...as close to a retreat without actually being on retreat. Can't wait for October though!!

OK, time to work.

what came before you is so tragic, lorraine, sweet lorraine--patty griffin (thanks, A!!)

5 comments:

kris said...

I'm back to my Nields boots, but Patty will be with me on my drive home tonight.

That 8x10 glossy is RIDICULOUS. I think TG should send HER an 8x10 with "You're singing my song!"

kj said...

"then A and I both headed to kj's. It was more fun than I'd anticipated."

hey kris! what did you anticipate??!!

(smile)

kj

kris said...

kj, I anticipated a good time for sure! But 3 hours of chatting and laughing and sharing stories exceeded all expectations.

Plus, Stella's adorable! So that helped ;)

kris said...

Yes! Oct 27-29. Please come!

Melissa said...

Woohoo, a new story!! Give us a hint, love! :)