Friday, May 12, 2006

friday shuffle: about to go home edition

You know the deal. Put your digital music players on shuffle and report back the first ten songs. No apron-wringing!
Here's the stuff:

1. Best Black Dress (Gotta Get Over Greta)--The Nields
2. Merry Christmas, Mr. Jones (Bob on the Ceiling)--The Nields
3. Only the Good Die Young (Essential Collection)--Billy Joel
4. When I Was a Boy (The Honesty Room)--Dar Williams
5. Backyard (Keep It Together)--Guster
6. Travel Onward (66 Hoxsey Street)--The Nields
7. Julia (not Julia) ('Mousse)--The Nields
8. If I Had My Way (Gold)--Linda Eder
9. Ticket to My House (Love and China)--Nerissa and Katryna Nields
10. Black Boys on Mopeds (Bob on the Ceiling)--The Nields

General Thoughts: My iPod has a serious crush on the Nields, apparently. But this is my favorite list so far...it covers the 6 people/groups/voices I love most. Not necessarily my favorite songs by each, but that's ok.

Song that Most Makes Me Laugh: Only the Good Die Young holds a lot of memories and is always good for a smile.

Song that Most Makes Me Cry: If I Had My Way was written for 9-11, and I remember the first few times I heard it (and the first time I saw her perform it live), I cried. if i had my way, things would be different, danger wouldn't come from a sky of blue...

4 comments:

kj said...

hi kris. i miss seeing you on monday nights. i am finally going to buy a nields cd. any suggestion on which one?

hope all is well with you!

kj

kris said...

Hmmm...suggestions...wait til the whole crowd weighs in, if anyone else comes by. If you just want to hear Nerissa and Katryna, then I'd say go for Love and China.

If you want a full band sound (still N&K singing), then I like If You Lived Here, You'd Be Home Now.

Honestly, I love all the cds! I miss Mondays too and I look forward to the week of Sept. 18 when we return to Lila's house.

Melissa said...

That's a toughie, kj! I really love Play and Gotta Get Over Greta. Mousse is a lot of fun and K is right about If You Lived Here You'd Be Home By Now. Love and China is also super -- but I can't listen to the one about N's dog. sniff, sniff. Happy CD buying! :)

kris said...

I love 'Mousse, too, M! It's one of my favorites, but if you are getting your first CD, it doesn't have a lot of frequently played tunes on it, ya know? ;)