Friday, April 07, 2006

chowder day! (and tunes)

I love Friday. Friday is the end of the week, Friday is for random tunes, and Friday, at HC, is chowder day. A big cup of clam chowder makes everything better!

It's time for a Random Friday once again. Here are a couple of rules: Get out your digital music player and hit shuffle. Report back the first ten songs it spits out. No skipping or rationalizing or "apron-wringing."

Here are the tunes:
1. Be Nice to Me (Bob on the Ceiling)--The Nields
2. Spring Street (Dar Williams)--Out There Live
3. Cowards (Abigail)--The Nields
4. Caroline Dreams (If You Lived Here, You'd Be Home Now)--The Nields
5. Love Me One More Time (Love and China)--Nerissa and Katryna Nields
6. As Cool As I Am (Mortal City)--Dar Williams (with n&k as backup!)
7. Friday at the Circle K (Play)--The Nields
8. Yield (Become You)--Indigo Girls
9. Angels of the Silences (Recovering the Satellites)--Counting Crows
10. Living It Up in the Garden with Shortest Day intro (FRFF '01)--The Nields

General Thoughts: Clearly, my iPod is trying to tell me something. Draw your own conclusions...but I'm a little disturbed.

Seen Live: The Nields, Dar Williams, Nerissa and Katryna Nields, Indigo Girls

Favorite Song: Hmmm...maybe As Cool As I Am since it's just so much fun. "I am the other!"

Least Favorite Song: Love Me One More Time. No contest...I can get behind many of Nerissa's alt-country tunes, but this just isn't one of them.

Favorite Album: Tough choice, but I'm going to say the Nields' HOME album. It's such a balanced mix of rock/pop/folk/country with only one song I consistently skip. It kicks off well with JNS and ends on the right note with the laughter of I Still Believe in My Friends.

1 comment:

kris said...

And it's played like 6 or 8 Nields songs since...right now, it's Blue Room. 25 songs and at least 15 have been Nields. With 1004 songs to choose from!

We'll definitely catch up soon--have a great weekend.