Friday, April 21, 2006

finally friday

Before I get started, can I just say that a sucky, stressful, annoying week (where to top it off, your computer dies!) can be fixed with wonderful friends? Between cake and the company of coworkers I truly enjoy and who make feel cared for and my friend AWP arriving this evening for a weekend of celebration, good company and a little bit of Nields, I am having a lovely Friday.

(Gross sidebar: I arrived home yesterday to find my roommate cooking for 2 guys. These 2 guys have been around a lot this week. Said roommate (also the landlord) hasn't been wearing much clothing during their visits. Anyway, this is the same roommate/landlord who broke the stove 3 weeks ago and still hasn't replaced it, so we can't cook. Apparently, she pulled the grill out of the shed (where it's been since Oct.) to cook dinner. In the grill was living a family of mice. MICE, people. Some alive some not so much alive. They removed the mice, fired up the grill and COOKED ON IT. Without cleaning the grill. And were surprised when I passed on the burgers and steak.)

OK, on with the show. You know the rules: put the old digitial music player on shuffle. Report back the first ten songs it spits out. No skipping, apologizing or rationalizing.Here goes... let the record show that blogger ate my first playlist. So I'm taking it as a sign.

1. Easy People off-mic (Live from Baltimore)--Nerissa and Katryna Nields
2. It's Only Love (Help!)--The Beatles
3. Here Comes the Sun (Gold)--Linda Eder
4. As Cool As I Am (Mortal City)--Dar Williams
5. New Frontier (Hard Candy)--Counting Crows
6. Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah (Disney's Greatest Hits 3)--Song of the South
7. A New Life (Jekyll and Hyde)--Linda Eder
8. Badlands (Live 1975-1985)--Bruce Springsteen
9. Don't Rain on My Parade (Broadway, My Way)--Linda Eder
10. It Happens Everyday (Green World)--Dar Williams

General Thoughts: Really REALLY eclectic list. I see that my iPod is showing my inner Broadway ballad loving-self today.

Seen Live: Nerissa and Katryna, Linda Eder, Dar Williams, Jekyll and Hyde (btw, A, I just bought tickets for the May 2 spring concert...guster!!!!)

Favorite Song: Can't possibly choose between Easy People (which is probably on my top 5 favorite songs of all-time list) and It Happens Everyday.

Least Favorite Song: Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah!

Favorite Album(s): I think I have to go with Broadway, My Way. Linda Eder's voice is amazing and incredible. She gives such life to her songs and performaces.

Memory Trigger: Jekyll and Hyde was the first Broadway show that *I* chose to see. For a few years, my family would go to a show as a way to celebrate my dad's birthday and mine, since we're a day apart. Everyone moaned and groaned about my choice, until we got to the theater. To this day, it's my favorite "traditional" Broadway show...it's breathtaking and powerful and amazing.

2 comments:

kj said...

kris, glad to hear things are looking up. (i wondered how you were doing).

the mice/grill story is unbelievable!

hope to see you this weekend.
kj

kris said...

kj,
it's next weekend :) the retreat that is, but i will see you monday!