Wednesday, April 19, 2006

is it friday yet?

This week has been NUTS...I don't feel like I've caught up on any aspect of life since going home for Easter. To top it off, my laptop is having a meltdown...I'll be spending some time on the phone with Dell support tonight. Work has been crazy busy and Friday can't come fast enough. Plus, I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow with a doctor I've never met. Always a little nerve-wracking.

Nerissa asked me the other night how much I'd written altogether of Sara's (my) story. So I typed it up, in official 12 pt., double spaced font, as she instructed. 23 pages. And I think I'm missing a piece or 2. Pretty weird to see it all in one place. It's a bit disjointed and I wasn't sure about the order of some of it, but whatever. Also, some pieces are decidedly stronger than others (hey, I'm not in Big Yellow, so it's not apron-wringing).

hear me, heathens and wizards and serpents of sin, all your dasterdly doings are past (man of la mancha, linda eder)

1 comment:

kj said...

wow kris, 23 pages. i would love to see it sometime if you are so inclined. i wonder how it feels to look back on that period--to put it to words, to honor it (which is what you're doing--honoring an honorable person doing honorable work.

i have loved being a witness to sara's story.

as for the week, i agree. it's been a meltdown for no good reason--although even the anticipation of phone time with a dell technician is enough to send anybody over the edge.

kj