Sunday, April 02, 2006

weekend wind-up

Why do Tuesday and Wednesday last FOREVER, while Saturday and Sunday are gone in the blink of an eye? No fun.

Friday night, I chatted with *A*, did some laundry and cleaned a bit (all with an open window--welcome, Spring!). Not the most exciting evening ever, but low-key was just perfect with me.

Saturday was a bit more fun. My friend B and I headed out to Northampton in the early afternoon, grabbed a slice on the way out and then hit Webs at the suggestion of *N*. I was a bit overwhelmed, but eventually wound up with some yarn and needles (in the round?)...this baby blanket might just be a disaster. B and I parked in the lot in downtown Northampton (after noting that there was ALREADY a guy in line at the IH at 2:30!) for 45 cents and wandered around the town for a while. Spent a good chunk of time in Broadside Books before heading over to the IH at about 5:30. There was a bit of a line, we hopped on and it started moving fairly soon. I love this club--only my 2nd time there, but I love it. We were up in the balcony again, but no pole to block our view of the stage this time! We ate (the IH has amazing food!) and the girls hit the stage at about 7:15. Dave C joined them for the whole set, adding acoustic, 12-string, banjo and bass to various tunes. There is nothing like a Nields show at the IH. The place is packed and the energy from N&K is so different. The last few months, N has used a stool for the whole show...makes sense as baby NieldsDuffy grows bigger by the day. Last night, though, while there was a stool on stage, N was standing from the Tailspin opening until the Easy People acoustic encore from the balcony. I can't wait to see TG there in a month!

My friend B spent the night and today consisted of sleeping a little late, church, enjoying the sunroom (best room in the house, but pretty much un-usable from October til April) and laughing. She left a couple of hours ago and I watched the Final 4 games that I'd taped last night. I managed to avoid hearing who won, watched most of it on FF and I'm a little disappointed in the final game, but what a great tournament.

Our stovetop CRACKED this morning. And I was planning to cook dinner tonight...I guess I'll be calling our pizza place for a chicken parm sub instead. And maybe some mozz sticks too just for fun.

it was improvised for the camera's eye, it was made up in the ring, back when bob hope was king (on the air, girlyman)

2 comments:

kj said...

hi kris, i agree completely about the energy of n's show and the ih. we had a ball there--i was so touched by the 'easy people' finale. i am now a bona fide fan.

how weekends fly.

but there's always monday night!
kj

Melissa said...

Oh, I'm "homesick" for Noho now! :) My parents used to go to the IH all the time when I was little and we lived in VT. I vowed that someday I would go there ... I think I know the perfect gals to see, too. ;)