Monday, April 17, 2006

monday shuffle?

I'm exhausted and off to Noho (we had 30 for Easter dinner and people didn't leave until midnight), but I missed Friday, so here we go, kids!

Okay, you know the rules. But here they are again just in case: Put your digital music player on shuffle and report back the first ten tracks it plays. No skipping, apologizing or rationalizing (even if "We Built this City" comes up. Phew. I'm off the hook again today...).

Here's the jig:

1. Facade: Reprise (Jekyll and Hyde Soundtrack) -- Cast
2. My Friends (End of Summer)--Dar Williams
3. Jeremy Newborn Street (If You Lived Here, You'd Be Home Now) -- The Nields
4. Just Like Christopher Columbus (Bob on the Ceiling) -- The Nields
5. Gentle Soldier of My Soul (Drum, Hat, Buddha) -- Dave Carter and Tracy Grammer
6. Omaha (August and Everything After) -- Counting Crows
7. Uptown Girl (Essential Collection) -- Billy Joel
8. Heading Home (Love & China) -- Nerissa and Katryna Nields
9. What Was I Thinking? (Live at the Cactus Cafe) -- Christine Lavin
10. Spirit In The Night (Live 1975-1985) -- Bruce Springsteen

General Thoughts: My iPod still likes the Nields, but not as much this week. It's a list that's a little more eclectic, more reflective of my musical taste.

Seen Live: Jekyll and Hyde, Dar, The Nields, Tracy Grammer, Billy Joel (Christine Lavin will be added at FRFF!)

Favorite Song: Hmmm...What Was I Thinking? is always good for a laugh. Gentle Soldier of My Soul is just beautiful.

Least Favorite Song: Probably Spirit by Bruce.

Favorite Album: Billy Joel's Essential Collection has it all...my faves from Piano Man to You're My Home to Miami 2017 and Captain Jack.

1 comment:

kris said...

Easter was nice...crazy and loud, but nice.

My laptop is having a meltdown so I'm only online from work this week. Driving me a little crazy!