Sunday, February 26, 2006

exhaustion

Long weekend...here are the lows, and the highs:

Low: My poor mother with food poisoning at the hotel on Friday night. Sucked for her :(

Highs: Streaming the broadcast of my brother calling the U Dayton women's b-ball game

Seeing my parents

Seeing my cousins

The crabcakes my cousins brought for me from MD...6 crabcakes now sit in my freezer, awaiting my stomach!

The news that my cousin L, her husband and her 2 kids will likely be moving to NY in July! L lives in London, was raised there by her mother after her father (my cousin) died in 1983. I've never met either of her kids--M is 3, N is 1. This news makes me happy beyond words. I forsee many weekends where I go home, call L and offer to watch the kids while she and the hubby enjoy a night out on the town!

Past my bedtime...long day tomorrow.

there might break your sweet heart...you are my joy (you are my joy, reindeer section)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oy, I'm so sorry about your mom! Other than that it sounds like a fun weekend! And, I'd love to run away to Ireland with you -- my lot is from County Cork, yours? :)